Sunday, January 22, 2012

17 Radiation Treatments
4 Chemo Treatments (officially over half way with Chemo!)

As you can see from the pictures below, Scott looks much better than the previous posting.  He had a reprieve from the facial rash and was able to quickly shave before it re-surfaces.  Although he looks better, he said yesterday (Saturday) was one of his worst days.  It's painful for him to talk at this point so I'm unable to get a good description of symptoms.  To ask him to write them down is a big mistake too, I'm afraid of losing a body part to the fierce Honey Badger with acute grumpitis!

Scott has a liquid pain medication that he will use in the evenings.  He is "allowed" to use it more often; however, he's afraid of becoming strung out.  He also takes anti nausea medication.  Each drug alone can cause a case of constipation, so the combo of the two has posed some real problems.  If you or your loved one is entering cancer treatment, stock up on medications to treat these side effects.  Remember it's best to be proactive then reactive.  I'm positive that part of Scott's ill feeling is due to the above problem.

Today's Symptoms:

Extreme exhaustion  (we tried to take a walk and he only lasted two blocks)
Mouth sores with bleeding
Bloody nose (using humidifier now)
Extremely dry mouth
Thicker saliva
Very sore throat! Hurts to talk and swallow (says he's swallowing 1 cup of water per day? I have my doubts)
Constipation
Rash on face subsided somewhat
"On edge"
Doesn't want to take all 6 cans of food per day... taking 3-4 past 2 days

3 comments:

  1. HI Shelly! Please Tell Scott that I'm thinking of him. Tell him to keep kicking ass. He is fiesty dude and I'm confident he can beat this thing....Let me know if you guys need anything...Janene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly,This is a great blog! Tell Peterman to hang in there. If he can survive our work this long, this will be a piece of cake! My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly,
    Thanks so much for letting everyone follow Scott's journey-My heart goes out to your family-Scott, stay positive-thats half the battle. Thoughts and prayers are with you...We miss you! See you soon.
    Sue Upshaw

    ReplyDelete