Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 32

22 Radiation Treatments
5 Chemo Treatments

Disabling fatigue has blown in.  Radiation is a whirlwind of side effects.  The past two days has placed Scott at the lowest of his treatment so far.  Last night the nausea forced him to try and sleep sitting up.  The dry heaves appeared this morning.  We may have to change anti-nausea medication.

I haven't told Scott yet, but he is losing his hair at the nape of his neck.  Hopefully this will grow back after treatment has ceased.  His hearing is going, I'm not sure if he is aware of this but the TV is at a nerve grinding volume!  Although there is way too much noise in our house from the TV, Scott has become mute.  It has become too painful for him to talk and very difficult to swallow. Also but definitely not least, I don't know how this can be possible, but he is shorter. I stand about an inch taller than him now, and normally he is three inches taller than me.  I'm totally freaked out by this, how can this be?  Maybe he is crouched over which makes him seem shorter or I'm growing!

Besides his throat, mouth and nasal cavity, the top of Scott's lungs are being treated with radiation. I'm nervous about the potential late side effects of radiation.  Among those are lung and heart problems. There is just so much to worry about with cancer and it's treatment. I hate cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment